Sunday, April 12, 2009
so today, when i saw that tiny face smiling in his sleep, i didn't havethe heart to wake him up for school. Being at home is still fun for him, why not make the most of it...?
Besides, its time to get addicted to him...
Sunday, March 8, 2009
I would not feel good doing it just for the first born so doing it for both kids...
1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Sort of... proof that contraception really works...because we had the first one after 3 years of marriage...
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?:
2) yes, and to the same person
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
thinking back 11 years...excited, and very happy
thinking back 6 years...yipee...that meant very happy!
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
i didn't exercise that option ..for both
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
Knew it somehow,ofcourse the missed period was a big indicator too...then ofcourse the home pregnancy test and the final confirmation by the doc...
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Whom would you think? Of course the one without whom this wouldn't have happened! ;)
8. DUE DATE?
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
On and off...there were days when the pot was my most loved companion...and i hated mornings...
quite a bit initially
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
curd rice! Chaat
11.. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
the fact that my bladder seemed always full...
the weather the second time
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? intially, wanted a girl but as the pregnancy progressed, i just wanted a healthy baby, and by the end that was what all that mattered!
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
Quite a bit. My mom had never seen me plump and by the end, she was heard saying that i looked better, when i was thin...of course most of it was water retention, but you know mothers!
Both times, and i looked quite awful too :(
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
no and was relieved about that
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?see answer to Q15
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? a close relative had lost her baby in her ninth month (the baby's cord was around his neck) that must have pschyed me out, because i would rush to the hospital everytime my baby didn't kick.
second time: nothing much, except a fever around the 6th month which took a long time to go away.
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? In a nursing home in bangalore
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
was admitted at midnight and gave birth at 6.28 the next morning
was admitted in the evening, induced labour and finally gave birth after a day, at 10.51 the next morning!!!!
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My dad, accompanied by my mother and lil nephew. it was midnight when the pains started.
My dad, again
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
The nurses and the doctor.
The hubby, my mom, the nurse and the doc..it was one full party out there in the labour room...
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
natural both times
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
26. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM?
27. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN
28. WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION WHEN THE DOCTOR ANNOUNCED THE SEX OF THE BABY?
relieved that my baby was doing fine
29. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST REACTION ON SEEING THE BABY?
Overwhelmed and happy and thought 'i'm never doing this again!"
Relieved after 2 days of labour! and thought "I'm so not doing this again!"
30. DID YOU CRY?
a bit...i was mored dazed by it all...
No, but just held him tight
Saturday, February 21, 2009
So i'm listening to random hindi songs on the one and only hindi radio channel and this song comes on air....
and i'm humming the words when i hear a lil voice joining me...
Tere bin my ball's on fire...(actual words : Tere bin my world's on fire)
I could just hug him to pieces....for all the smiles he gives me...
Thursday, February 12, 2009
In most Indian families, we take care not to paint the relatives with the aunty/uncle brush.
So I finished talking about his doddamma, and chikkamma (my part of the family) and his badi maa, chotti mummy,etc
And the little tyke interrupts me with a twinkle in his eye…
“okay, now tell me about the medium maa…”
And of course the resident humorist had to add…'and tell him about ‘raj’ ma too”
Fine, be like that!
Monday, October 20, 2008
with tales of campfires, jungle treks, and kayaking!
to much relieved parents!
and so life continues, with him still hungover by the experience and with us basking in the familiarity of the chaos which make our routine...
thank you, for all the virtual hugs and pats sent my way...it didn't lessen the hours but it did elevate my mood :D
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Today seems to be a day for change...my six yr old is used to people looking out for him always. He's never gone to school alone...when it was playschool i used to take him and now in regular school, his brother is there with him always...
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Enter at your own risk!!!
Entry to authorized personnel only...and my authorization depends on his mood
This one says...
Trespassers will be shot!!!
Just in case you got that message wrong, it reiterates...
Survivors will be shot again!!!
That's my space!!!
with big bro cordoning off his space, this is the safest place lil junior could find